Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Well, she’s my baby, and I’m her wreckin’ machine!

Well, I've run out of options so it looks like I'll be missing out on the Eight Ball Grifter show. I'm not shocked at all that I won't be going. Regardless...it rots. Feel free to continue reading and see how jazzed I was about it a few hours ago:

SOM'BITCH!

I usually like to have my weekend plans secured by Tuesday. While Saturday and Sunday are set in stone, Friday is wide open and stuffed with options. Maybe hit the comedy club with the lovey Lisa. Maybe go to some bar called Rockabilly's that I have heard bad things about. MAYBE go to Port Huron, Michigan to see EIGHT BALL GRIFTER!?!? Hot DOG! Now of course, this would be my first choice as it's only $5 and they're playing with Wailin' Elroys and Dangerville. It would be worth the agonzingly boring and dreadful ride just to hear SOM'BITCH! Got, my spine is all a-tingle just thinkin' about it.

But who will step up to the plate to accompany me? My guess is no one. I'm ususally good to go at the drop of a hat when people want to go to shows (local or long distance) or out of town or whatever but I rarely get the same eager-beaver response. I suppose I have no problem going alone because it will truly be the loss of those who don't step forward to be a pal. But I will admit that it will be a lonely drive to and fro and I probably won't be as excited to raise my hand and yell, "Som’Bitch" by myself. Actaully, it would be a pretty big drag. But I'd end up stabbing myself in the liver with a rusty hook if I missed Eight Ball Grifter.

Somebody...shock me...be a good friend!

No comments: