Saturday, June 04, 2005

There's lots of filth in the scene.

So while I thought our show last night was a fucking success, and Sasquatch would back me up on this, someone in the audience had a different opinion. According to this bleach blonde broad who had the gall to toss a beer on Bishop Penithor, we were "anti-feminist nazi bitches". She flipped me off and told me we sucked as I stood their rather amused yet dumb founded stating, "I'm just a girl having a good time".

Her reasoning behind the hatred: we weren't offensive enough. Well, shoot me down...I didn't get the memo about the goal of our project being to offend. She blathered on about the rules and regulations of being "an artist" and how if one of the gals inparticular would have bent over, spread her ass cheeks, and shown off her rectal entrance, we would have been a hit in her eyes....and someone SHOULD have hit her in the eyes. Instead, Ashleigh Adventure, my new hero, gave her a strict talking to/screaming at. Those are 10 minutes of her life that she'll never get back and I salute her!

*Interruption: Sasquatch dedicated a song to me and called me 'sexy' and where was I? In the can, that's where. I have no sense of timing. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh.*

I know this whole thing shouldn't bother me but after our mediocre show with Deke Dickerson, I thought we really pulled it together and did a bang up job! We were all floating on air, swelling with pride. And I understand that not everyone is going to like us...some people will think we're stupid, ugly, untalented...some will think they can do it better or some will just be jealous that they don't have the balls to do it at all. We are NOT full of ourselves by any means! We just wanted something fun to do to spend time together and be involved in our scene as none of us are going to be band material any time soon. Regardless, it bothers me because I'm the one who got flipped off and because I just don't get her logic. If I hated a band, I sure as Hell wouldn't get so damn riled up that I would flip them off and tell them they suck. There's something underlying that's causing her ballistic feelings.

She was very protective of her opinion, and she has every right to have one...if it made any sense at all. Sasquatch told me that we really ruled and should take all this negetive energy and channel it for our next show so we can rise above it. I'm going to try my best to do that. And many crowd members raved about us (I know we're not the BEST but we're fun and have fun and that's what counts)...but as my boss always says, "One 'OH SHIT' cancels out one hundred 'ATTA-BOYS'". Though we got multiple rave reviews, this one girl's jack-ass-ness ruined my evening. I couldn't even stay for all of Lords of the Highway. I just wasn't feeling up to being a super fan. I'm overflowing with irritation.

But I did give Karen the nickname Potsie...and she hates it...and it's sticking...so that makes me a happy clam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wish you would have been there to see the blonde hootchie elbow Potsie and watch Potsie shove her. She then ran away (she being the blonde hootch). Plus the Hootchie stripped later in the evening. She was a class A act for gutter trash.