Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Can't you hear the horses? Cause here they come!

I miss my dreamless sleep. I want it back.

On a very random note, I believe that Rob and Big asshole Rob Whats-His-Face has replaced Bam Margera as "Biggest Tool In the Universe". I wish both of those losers would get in a car together and drive off a cliff. And I hope that car is a "lambo" because I both hate the car and the nickname. God, I could happily punch either of those morons in the brain and accept the consequences. While we're at it, I despise the song "Soul Sister" but it has no brain to punch.

Moving on...

Sad announcement. We are not going to Heavy Rebel this year. After Disney World, property taxes, and a trip to the Emergency Room including stitches and X-Rays, it's just not in the cards, or checkbooks, for us. I'm bummed because I love me a roadtrip and hate letting people down (mainly my travel companions and friends performing at the weekender) but over all, I'm OK. Something about it just wasn't shaking me at my foundation. Some day I'll be reunited with you, Psychocharger. Some day.

Because we don't want to miss out on our holiday bonding time, Todd, Ben and I are going to get tattoos of our favorite founding fathers (I scored John Hancock), free a bald eagle and get uber patriotic. There was some discussion about the eagle-freeing being done commando-style: them without underwear and me in ONLY underwear a la a Wonder Woman costume. This probably translates to cocktailing and going to see fireworks. I'm all over that.

Besides the 4th of July shenanigans we have planned, the Rock-n-Bowl is coming up, followed by Lady Gaga. Any additional free time (and money) is going to be spent getting our digs into selling condition. The stairs need to be finished, nail holes need to be patched, have to paint the porch, bring the yard back to life, and weed out a punch of this stuff we have and don't need. I love anything with a skull on it but do we need EVERYTHING will a skull on it? No. We don't. We're drowning in stuff. I don't want to move boxes of useless nonsense to a new house. Regular nonsesne? YES! Useless? NO!

I'm rambling and I think it's to keep me from saying what I REALLY want to say. Because saying the things I REALLY want to say could make some serious waves.  And I know it's not just me. I know you'd all like to have a movie-moment where you just EXPLODE on everyone around you, telling them exactly what you think and having them still love you afterwards (but I don't want the people I need to explode on to love me). I don't think it works that way. So I'll just ramble and keep it all bottled up.

Rambling over. For now.

The dog days are over.
The dog days are done.
The horses are coming so you better run.

Run fast for your mother, run fast for your father.
Run for your children and your sisters and brothers.
Leave all your love and your loving behind.
You can’t carry it with you if you want to survive.

No comments: