Sunday, March 05, 2006

We can't know for sure until we open the door.

Tie a ribbon around an ol' whiskey bottle! I got back together with my ever-lovin' wife. Silence can be deafening so I waved the white flag. There was hugging, a public display of boob touching, and all is well in the Corral and the cubicle.

My little life managed to morph in to quite the circus this weekend. In all actuality, I feel like this weekend was ten days long and I'm really late for work. Spent what I THOUGHT was going to be a typical Friday night at the local work dive with pals. Enjoyed cocktails and conversation and plotting, all the while hoping my fella would show up post a big job downtown. When he does, he's in a rather unpleasant mood...shocking, I know! Work's hard, I get it. But when your pseudo-chick has been waiting impatiently to see you all day (just for five minutes...just for a hug and kiss) and you've got your crabby pants on...it's no naked picnic on the beach. It's understandable, sure, but frustrating. Especially since I was frisky all day at work (in fact, I was told that I had an X-rated mouth, tee hee...I'm nto denying that. I am, after all, a 12 year old boy).

Once we parted ways without a kiss or much chatting, I had to come up with a plan B. I knew some of his work guys were at a west side bar so I went there. Not like me to just show up somewhere alone but I strutted right in and acted like I owned the place. After a beer and a shot and a few minutes rubbing some strange girl's head, I was at a strip club getting a lap dance and putting $1.00 bills into some other strange girl's drawers! Who knew I had it in me?! I felt like such a pimp. And my willingness to broaden my horizons earned me the honor of being "so fucking cool". That's right.

Saturday was the longest yet most fulfilling day of my year thus far and you may be scratching your junk sayind, "WHY??". I had to be at work before the sun came up and there was my fella, still a moody dude. Further bent out of shape that I ended up out and about with other dudes...his work dudes to be exact. Thought I did it to razz him but in actuality, I just wasn't ready to go home and feel shabby about being ignored. Not two weekends in a row (but as a side note, I don't know what it's like to be the boss and work all the live long day. I don't envy having to hire and fire. So...). My dude and I have a little chat and even though I get an apology, once again, I ended up leaking some tears. I came home and threw myself rather dramatically into bed. FANTASTIC! I slept from 8:30a to 8:30p, getting up only to rehydrate and use the facilities. Other than thatm it was me, Futurama, and my pajamas. It was just what I needed.

And speaking of "Just What I Needed"...

I didn't think my coma day could get much better but a half an hour phone conversation lead to the possibility of a sleep over!! And I'm not talking pillow fights and Ouija boards, people! Around midnight, I get a call that my fella is on his way...in his pajamas and with beer! We watched TV, had some drinks, got goofy about each other and then...well...spent the rest of the night upstairs. I love sleep overs. I loved waking up in the nook and getting my back rubbed. There was supposed to be a breakfast date as I was promised flapjacks but that is being rescheduled. Flapjacks would have been nice. Staying in bed all curled up until 10:00 was better.

So here it is, Sunday, and I've got big and ultimatly fascinating plans. In this order, I'm going to go to the grocery store, make cheese soup, clean my dining room and kitchen, do laundry, order take out Olive Garden, and watch the mother-truckin' Oscars until I can't keep my eyes open even a second longer! It may sound boring to you but it actually sounds pretty fantastic to me. If I have any spare time, I'll work on making up routines for Pussyfoot practice this week. I'm a happy clam. I'd say my clam in happy but that's just gross! No one ever said I had class!!!

But to back track for a second, there was weirdness on Wednesday. I want a lable, lame as that is, and I don't have one. I know my guy is not ready to be one-on-one but it hurts me to just be. Yeah...to just BE. But yesterday, I was informed that he had opened up and confirmed the rumors to a few co-workers. That step has made it a little easier for me to sit back and wait. I have high hopes that we'll be "together" at some point. I just have to go at his speed and practice patience. for him...anything.

No comments: