Friday, March 31, 2006

But if you ain't gettin on then I ain't gettin off.

No date for Miss Cleveland tonight. I got blown off and it couldn't be quick like a band-aid rip, could it? It was drawn out all day long and somehow, temporarily, was blamed on me (yeah, you're right, it was ME that cancelled cause I haven't been looking forward to this since flippin' WEDNESDAY)! I'm fired up, if you want me to be honest. I'm sure you could feel the heat. I know my guy is having a rough go of it lately but I've been trying to be a pal, a real sweetie-pie, and this is what I get? All I wanted was to hang out, lay low, spend a little time together, help him relax, help his muss his sheets. Even HE mentioned that it's been awhile and he KNOWS it's his fault (so many excuses...no money, so much to do, taking a break form the beers, blah blah...might as well have said his head was on fire and he had grown a mermaid tail). He promised up and fucking down that we'd be on for Monday and pleaded with me not to be sour towards him...but I'm not holding my breath. I have athsma, after all.

Instead, I'm pulling "a townie" and hitting a local work dive. There's no way I was just going to go home and pout like this date was the only hit on my dance card. I'm wearing my favorite white long for fuck's sake). And tomorrow at the Shack Shakers show, I'm going to drink, dance, and have more fun than one person should be allowed. I'm going to have more fun than anyone else there! Including the Colonel! And my dude Donny Utah will be there, not to mention the rest of the crew, so why shouldn't I have a ball.

That's what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna have me a ball! You know why??? Cause...

...I got my rabbit ears on and I wanna get chummy-chummy!

No comments: