Sunday, March 19, 2006

I'm okay alone but you got something I need.

R.I.P. Pete's mama. I love you, Pete.

Why am I up and raping the internet at 8:15a on a Sunday? Because the man I slept next to is fussy and doesn't know the meaning of sleeping in. But the sleep I did get was quality so I'm not complaining. Spooning is totally for the cool kids. Whoever says that it's for pussies deserves a really heavy boot to the jaw. A jack boot. Now who's a pussy?

I'm pretty amped up this morning, despite being tired. I had one of those k-rad weekends that rocked me at my foundation from beginning to end. I am a happy kid and, of course, my happiness was pretty much ignited by a boy. Friday, we left our posts early to celebrate St. Patrick's Day and it was more fun than a bag full of kittens floating out to sea. It was just a fun, drink-filled, drama-free, smooching-heavy evening that ended with me having a slumber party with my fella. So that was the FIRST night I didn't sleep in my bed this weekend.

Then it was off to work at 5:30a after beer, beer, beer, whiskey, beer, cherry bombs, beer, beer, a margarita, and beer. And little sleep. And lock jaw. So this was just a goofy-as-all-get-out work day. Leo and I were just ridiculous (the term "beer belly" CAN be mistaken for "dare devil" if you haven't slept much) and let's be honest, it was a bacon morning. I was pretty excited at the prospect of having a breakfast date since we really don't get to spend to much "not at work" time together. And here's some moosh for you...actually, two doses of moosh.

Mushiness numero uno: Leo told me that if I waited 15 minutes, we could leave work and have bacon together (he still owes me flapjacks). I was struggling to stay awake so he suggested I go in his office and sleep in his comfy chair and he would wake me before breakfast. He kept telling me, in a cute, quiet, boy voice, to just shut my eyes. He turned off the light and covered me up with a big coat so I wouldn't be cold. He really does try to take care of me. It's attractive.

Mushiness numero dos: We ended up having breakfast at a co-worker's house because it was free and it was fun. Leo asked me if I wanted to split a hasbrown but I already had one on my plate so I suggested we just split that one. I cut it in half and he took it off my plate. I don't know why but I got all moist in the heart region. It felt very couple-like. I have a hard time not knowing where we stand, what we are to each other...but things like that, the little things, they let me know that whatever this is, it's good. So I'm putting my patience pants on for now. Life is good.

The SECOND night that I didn't spend in my bed got rolling around 7:00p when we hit the Cleveland Autorama! There were two 1957 Chevy Belaires which left me wishing I had brought a change of panties. AND the Leroy Thompson Choppers crew were there so we talked about how great our show at their shop will be this year. I felt so important to know people at the auto show. Chopper people. I used to be so uncomfortable with certain groups of my ex-husband's friends, but I just felt so relaxed last night. I had a lot of fun and was treated very well. I was informed that this was "our first official date". He paid my way in, bought some cocktails, gave up a public smooch and some hand holding, and even bought me my very first Hot Wheel. It's purple and shiney and it's called "Evil Twin".

The post-car show bar outting was good stuff, too. We had a few more drinks, got some food, and then from somewhere deep, deep, deep down in there, I gathered up some courage and told Leo I wanted to spend the night. I even told him how nervous I was asking...I had never just said, "Hey, I want to sleep over tonight, is that cool?". It had always just happened. But last night, I really wanted to spoon. And I did. While wearing his pajama pants. And here I am...typing away at this early hour. But you can reference paragraph 1 for that explaination.

Today is race day (GO JIMMIE!!) and I might be watching alone. There was no discussion regarding getting together but I'm not going to bitch since I had 2 almost full days and nights with the guy. I'm thinking I might FINALLY finish cleaning my downstairs since I have a party right around the corner, make some cheese soup, watch "Degrassi Junior High" season 1, chillax. Things are really good right now...with Leo and Pussyfoot Girls and just life in general. I hope this feeling sticks around awhile because I could stand being smiley and geeked.

No comments: