Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hope it's right when you die, old and bony.

Are you ready for the update of all updates? Do you have a cocktail in your hand? Is your cigarette lit? Are you shaking in antici...pation? Of course not! Because this is a blog and the only person who will care about this in the future is me when I've got fake jugs, orange lipstick, and a voice much like Johnny Cash from the whiskey and smokes. But fasten your seatbelts. There's a lot to take in. And momma's gonna give it to ya! And now, back to the show.

FRIDAY 2/24/06: Friday...otherwise known as "All Hell Breaks Loose" day. I thought things were going swimmingly. Cocktails at the local dive...the "usual", if you will...with my fella and some friends. After a plot to steal a map goes sour, I find myself in my car, screaming and crying and thinking, "How DID I get back here??". Next thing I know, I'm at all THREE of my doors but no key in sight! I try to find solace in my sparring partner but that's worthless as he's passed out on the floor of his house. And sleeping in the freezing cold car (as well as peeing in the yard) were utter failures. So I'm on my way to a lame ass bar to have my roomie meet me on the street with a key. It was a misery of an evening and I had no idea how things were going to unfold with the man in my life. AND I had to work at 5:30am. BLAST!

SATURDAY 2/25/06: Can't turn my mind off on the way to work Saturday morning. Very little sleep. Lots of crying. And alcohol. Bad combination. I need a little help so I call my guy. He's not very...friendly or embracing and I fear the worst. I coreograph a later phone call which also seems fishy. Like I said, there were apologies but I'm a chick and we mend slowly. A fish fin doesn't grow back when you pull it off. AND THEN...KA-POW! Bug trouble at work! Big time! And no upper-management to be found. I spent the rest of my day, at home, juggling phones, practically tossing my cookies, being yelled at, yelling, trying to make the situation right. And my guy is behind me 100%. I couldn't have done it without him. I'd be headless or lifeless right now without him. And he told me what a good job I did handling the chaos. In fact, he told all the boss hogs about my performance. I blushed alot. And somewhere, through it all, I suggested that us making up would make all the chaos calm down for me...so make up we did. And I'm pretty sure when all the phone calls died down and life went back to normal, I threw myself on the bed and said, "I am so in love with him". And I am.

Finally get a chance to rest my weiry head...and the vice-president shows up with 12 beers to reward me! Who I am to turn down a head-honcho? My roomie joined us as we bullshitted and laughed and drank and brought my body back down from la-la land. And I get to talk on the phone...to the boy I like...and he suggests spending time together later in the day...and I melt. Sure, that never happened (I went to Ben's going away party and was quite a dud, returning to my bed before midnight to crash), but it was the thought that counted and we DID make plans for the next day. Swoon, swoon, swoon!

Like I said, I was a dud at the party. Couldn't get into it. I think the day warped me. Sometimes it's hard for me to shake things. My adrenaline was high, I had been drunk once in the day already, and of course, there's the ever-present ex-husband. BUt I did get to eat asparagus, see Robot Burlesque, and get a full-on moustache "switl and smooch" from the guest of honor. How can Ben move away? I can't even think about it. I drove home, crawled in bed and let Futurama and a text message set me right. God, I hated Saturday and hope it explodes. Just that one. I'd like to lose my memories of it for all of eternity.

SUNDAY 2/26/06:So I have plans with a boy on this day but FIRST, I have plans with my kin. And that's fine and dandy. Food, gossip, sisters, what have you. One of my sisters is very anti-Pussyfoot, or so it seems, which made me a little riled up. But my fella called (post 7 morning, Race Day beverages...woo hoo!) and the plans are a-go! And my nerves kick in... our very first officially, not on a Monday, outside of a bar plans! Will our heroine survive the ordeal??? I did. I survived...my first NASCAR race!! It was fun...after a few ice-cold frosty ones. It was nearly as red-neckish as I would have imagined. Just a sport. I watched, drank, questioned, routined for Biffle, cursed Biffle, and got my neck and head rubbed and hand held. Not bad. And after my sobriety took a dive, I had a sleep over. But I'm going to leave what happened then between the sheets.

MONDAY 2/27/06: STILL have to leave some stuff between the sheets...wink wink! Then it's a quick ride home to brush the fur off my teeth and change my drawers before work where I would spend the entire day NOT speaking to my roomie/co-worker. There was a verbal (sort of) brawl and I think I have a right to be upset. At first it seemed as if she agreed but now I think she's entered "whatever" stage, and that's fine. I'm just about at "whatever" stage on some issues myself.I'm not going to air the dirty laundry. Somethings were said and it's not just WHAT was said but who they were said to. The whole situation practically ruined my evening but I chose to focus on more important things at the time. But that just let things stew...and now we are where we are and I'm highly disappointed.

Also, I made toast for a boy and it was the most gratifying things I've ever done.

That's a lot to digest. And things happened today that I would comment on as well if I didn't work for 11 hours. I need my bed. I need my head on my pillow so I can get up, well rested, shower, and shake today off me. Thanks for tuning in to a fresh new entry.

No comments: