Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Spend your lives in sin and misery.

Image hosting by Photobucket
HARRY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

I am about to drink something that bubbles and fizzes in order to stop a winter cold in it's track before heading to Niagara Falls this weekend. Should I be afraid? The directions tell me to take it at the first sign of a cold or before entering a crowded area. I'm sort of wigged out. It says it's herbal which always creates a neon flashing sign in my head saying, "VOO DOO".

Today is my birthday, my favorite day of the year. But it's been semi-disappointing. Not necessarily the birthday but the day in general. I woke up knowing the cold was on it's way and that made me slip into crabby mode. Then one of my work buddies essential to my birthday happiness was absent. I got an early morning phone call but it's not the same as an early morning hug. Then someone at work said something that hurt my feelings soooo bad. Usually I'll keep that junk to myself and slap on a fake happy smile but I couldn't this time. I was crushed and now I am feeling very self-conscious. The more the hours passed, the sadder and bluer I felt. I couldn't even throughly enjoy Gilmore Girls. I thought talking to my mom would help shake my birthday blues, but I quit after three rounds of phone tag.

The whole day wasn't a wash. Potsie messaged me entertaining little notes all day, my friends all sent loving comments to cheer me up (even Cult of the Psychic Fetus pretended to be happy boys!!), and I even recieved a birthday e-mail from my ex-husband...he hopes I had a good party (AMAZING party...check!) and a good year (he can't divorce me again so it's already looking up!). So I do feel blessed, just not as "on fire" as I should considering it's my birthday. But it's almost over. Tomorrow I start my new diet which shouldn't be hard considering I'm on my way to Sickville and probably won't have an appetite. AND we resume Pussyfoot Girl practice (and Roxy Roulette is returning soooon to be our fifthm thank GOD...Turkish Coffee is sending me into seizures!). Then on Thursday, I am taking a day off work to get a birth certificate for our Falls trip this weekend, and to travel back to the nightmare city of Kent/Ravenna to FINALLY reclaim my last name and be a Haidet no more! Social Security and the Department of Taxation demand it and who am I to argue?

Party was amazing, family fuction was comforting, 2 out of 3 ain't bad!

Image hosting by Photobucket

I usually worship my birthday. I don't know if it's the cold or my romatic situation or my poor physical imagery but I just feel rotten. I just feel on the verge of tears and that's not how I wanted to ring in 27. This is how I felt last year when 26 nudged it's way into my life:

Today is my favorite day of the year...MY BIRTHDAY! I am 26 and feelin' fine. Better than fine! I almost feel taller today. Fan-fucking-tastic. I was worried that I would be in some wacky birthday slump since this year has been less than stellar, but I gotta say, I think celebrating my birthday was exactly what I needed to make a fresh start! My car is finally going to get fixed, I get to have a kick-ass dinner with Queen B (restaurant of my choice...those little Japanese men at Benihana better be ready for me), and then who knows? Road trip, maybe. Soon I'll be a workin' girl and I won't be able to pick up and skip town at the drop of a hat. Might as well take advantage of my freedom and have a damn fine time in the process! I have it on good authority that my birthday will be spent in a rockin' fashion. That's just the way I like it!!!

Saturday was k-rad and started off with a family dinner which filled my pockets with much needed cash. I'll admit that I wasn't feeling too festive after that but once I got to the Beachland, holy Hell, it was the best birthday I've ever had. Having almost all of my dudes in one place at one time (and let me say that I love all of y'all) just made me realize that damn, life is good. So my Cleveland friends met my Detroit friends and they fell madly in love which makes me so happy. I snagged some gifts...a kick-ass Amazing Crowns pin, the new Lords CD as well as a 2 disc live set, a beautiful necklace that I am never taking off, a fucking rock-n-roll yo-yo from THE yo-yo MASTER, and...whiskey. Oh lawrdy, there was whiskey! I got spanked by the Bishop, kissed by many a boy and girl, and had the intense pleasure of seeing Lisa Marie and Karen go-go dance, hearing Crazy Danny sing "Folsom Prison" and smash his head with a beer bottle, and having Vic Victor pass out in my lap. There was dancin', drinkin', drivin' (the Koffin Kats fuckin' cargo van...YEEHAW), and crashin'...between Johnny Switchblade and Vic Victor who were clearly having a snoring contest. There were many other random occurences...Switchblade was videotaped getting a Holy Water enema, Vic got tea-bagged more than once, and I have about 150 pictures that prove that no one "brings it" better than Cleveland. But maybe we had a LITTLE help from out Detroit brothas. I'm 26 and I rang it in in style. Thanks to everyone who helped!! It was well documented on the PICS page! Some photos are R-rated!

Go out and buy the new Lords of the Highway CD ("Degreaser") right now. It is so damn good. There's nothing else I can say other than it's fucking rad. Every song is just incredible and I can't stop listening to it. Not only are those cats musical power houses, but they are a damn fine group of people in general. So please, go to their website and pick up a copy or head on out to their next live show (check EVENTS for more details). You won't be disappointed and if you are, you are clearly from Canada. Songs 5 and 8 are worth the price alone...not that I paid for mine. That's one of the perks of being a rabid fan and having your birthday celebration coincide with the CD release. SMOOTH!

Only downfall of my Saturday night? Koffin Kats thinking dedicating "Graveyard Tree" to me was a good idea. Bastards.

No comments: