Wednesday, February 01, 2006

You can't stop now. It's already begun.

I just finished sucking down some Chinese food. My fortune reads:

The weekend ahead predicts enjoyment.

Of course it does! Saturday is my 27th Birthday Pajama Jam with special guest Lords of the Highway at the Ol' Kentucky Shark Corral. This will be the 6th year in a row than I've added a ring to my tree stump with the Lords. Their cover of "Dirty Deeds" is shaking me at my foundation, and that's being tame. All of my friends are really embracing the slumber party theme which is pretty boss! I haven't decided if I'm taking the slutty route or the sweet one regarding my choice of evening attire but it won't matter. No matter what I wear and mo matter who shows up (and there is some interesting debate about the guest list, *blush*), I'm going to have the most fun. More fun than you (unless you're Carol High Hair who seems to be my party companion...be ready for hugs). But it's my birthday so that's the way it goes! Recognize!

I have a crush. No, not that one! I have a sort of unorthodox crush after watching a video on VH1 Classics. It was the video for "House of the Rising Sun" by The Animals. It's a pretty tame video, as they tended to be then. The band just sort of walks around a stage setting with their instruments while the singer sings. But he sort of looks stoned. And troubled. As if the song context had actually happened to him. He looks like a wrecked man. He can't lip sync very well. He's no Brittney Spears. But man oh man, I couldn't take my eyes off of him. Now I'm going to be obsessed with that song. That guy's probably grotesque and deformed looking if not dead by now. Heart go throb.

No comments: