Sunday, October 09, 2005

Please stay. You're too old to run away.

Friday night was out of sight!

Jimbo is home!!! And I am an honorary Hissem! I passed out on him circa 4:00a on the way home from the Wayne Hancock show. It was a fantastic evening. I got to dance with Greg Yanito, Cleveland's best dancer, which made me feel like a princess. He is a smooth character. I also saw my pal Aaron Weiss for the first time sine I declared that he was my current crush. That is NOT a bad thing. Crushes are healthy. Still...he may have been uncomfortable. Not sure. Either that or, as Ashlee suggested, he's retarded. I guess they're playing the Jigsaw's grand opening with us. That should be a hoot and a half. I'd claim I'd stay sober but that's a lie. I need liquid courage to shake my groove thang.

And that Jigsaw business is news in itself! We were asked to play the grand opening of the Jigsaw's concert venue. I'm pretty jazzed. The line-up thus far is Honkeytonk Damnation, Whiskey Daredevils, and The Pussyfoot Girls...and I guarantee it will be a damn fine show. We get better and better as the seconds go by. And besides playing Jimbo's welcome home party, we're also the hostesses of the Rockabilly Holiday. Pretty swanky indeed! We hope to see you at both the Jigsaw and the Beachland!!! Don't you want to see us strut our stuff?

Tonight I went to see Reigning Sound at the Beachland and while they were fantastic, they were not worth $12 and they didn't even play GET IT!!! But I did talk to Greg Oblivian after running back to the Beachland since I didn't close my tab. No matter how many times I remind myself...oh well. My arch-enemy was at the show but that was fine. I'm over it. I'm over that whole period in my life. I've moved on to bigger, better, and more confusing times in my life, no doubt! I don't need to worry about small fries.

I DID get to hear "We Repel Each Other" which reminds me of my relationship with my ex-husband...something I never want to be reminded of. But he literally slipped in my head and out in a span of 3.7 seconds. I am beginnning to think I am on way to being totally over it. My heart belongs to someone else (no matter how sick and twisted that is) and I can't even really remember why I loved him in the first place. I just know that all this Ben and Lisa wedding stuff is going to be rough. Watching my friends exchange goofy words of love and commitment, standing across from the man I loved and wanted a life with...it's all so mess up. But what can a girl do?

Looks like Johnny and I MIGHT be on the mend. I haven't decided yet. It seemed pretty much like old times but I could still see him saying he didn't want to be "best friends" and that puts a sour taste in my mouth.

When did living get so hard?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww girl, don't be sour. here's a little something i wrote when i got home last night...

We were as one
For a moment in time
And it seemed everlasting
That you would always be mine
Now you want to be free
So I'll let you fly
'Cause I know in my heart
Our love will never die

You'll always be a part of me
I'm part of you indefinitely
Girl don't you know you can't escape me
Ooh darling 'cause you'll always be my baby
And we'll linger on
Time can't erase a feeling this strong
No way your ever gonna shake me
Oh darling 'cause you'll always be my baby

I ain't gonna cry
And I won't beg you to stay
If your determined to leave girl
I will not stand in your way
But inevitably, you'll be back again
'Cause you know in your heart babe
Our love will never end

I know that you'll be back girl
When your days and nights get a little bit colder
I know that you'll be right back baby
Oh baby believe me it's only a matter of time