Sunday, October 02, 2005

I'll give you strength. I'll help you carry on.

My friends, the Ol' Kentucky Sharks, all chipped in and bought me a beautiful accoustic Fender for my housewarming with a card that read, "So you can rock more than you already do". I wanted to cry but opted to hold on to the guitar that I named Joe Strummer and just drink it all in. I now know for certain...for the first time in my life...that these people are going to be in my life forever. Not just because they buy me things (though that IS nice), but because they inspire me, make me laugh, support me and so much more. They are the most incredible group of people I have ever known, those crazy Sharks, and I think that if I hadn't gone through the horrific year I have, I might not appreciate them as much as should and as much as I do. Maybe what's happened to me DID happen for a reason...so I would finally find a place where I belong. So outside of a broken toe and a burned elbow (insane combination and I have no explaination), it was the best party I've ever had.



Thanks for everything, Sharks. I would like to have all of your babies.

No comments: