Thursday, January 13, 2011

Heaven knows what happens now.

A lot of milestones are creeping up here in my ridiculous little life. Commemoration of 32 years put in on this planet by me (I do NOT miss my 20s one little bit), 3 years as a dedicated employee at The Coast (I get a pizza party and a cool grand once I've been here 10 years, which is one of my main goals in life...who doesn't like a pizza party and a pat on the back?), and 3 years running amok with Todd.

Maybe 3 years doesn't sound like that long in the grand scheme of things but if I think about WHERE I was working or WHO I might have been seeing at the time or WHAT my ridiculous little life was life, it seems lifetimes ago.  Light years. It's hard to even remember, which may be a blessing. Those were not my most glamorous moments, I'll tell you what. And I'm not just talking about the pink hair or the drunken debacles *twitch*

But for feeling like 3 years really isn't that long, I've managed to jam pack a boatload of shtuff in there. I left a job that I once loved (and was pretty damn good at), I left someone (which was one of the most freeing feelings in my life), I got a new and much better job, found a new and much better mate (and we mated for life), got engaged and planned a wedding, tied that knot and was a newlywed, moved into the house we'll spend the rest of our lives in, and created LIFE out of THIN AIR! When I think about all that, yeah, 3 years is a long time.

If you had to spend 3 years in jail, I bet you'd fucking hate it.

I don't know why I'm doing all this pseudo-deep thinking. I also don't know why I'm using so many parenthesis today. I know the past 3 years have been far superior to the previous 3, and for that, I'm thankful.

And I do know it's comforting that the main cast of characters in my life have remained from then to now. They're good eggs. I hate that term, "good eggs", because I hate eggs. But if I said, "They're good squids", would people be left scratching their heads? How did this whole thing start again? Oh yeah, life is funny. I think that's the central theme.

Thanks for being good squids.

2 comments:

Mommy said...

I just spent 2 days in jail. It felt like 3 years. I wanted to ask how your 1st appt went but I was in there...

Sharky Marie P.G. said...

Jail?? Yikes. Appointment was good. No ultrasound yet. Due August 20th. We go back February 10th. Hope everything is OK. Jail usually isn't good news.