Monday, August 03, 2009

My stomach drops and my guts churn.

"Little Pink Houses" by John Cougar Mellancamp is one of the worst songs ever written. The lyrics to "Every Shitty Thing" by Murder City Devils blow my mind. "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want" by The Smiths still shakes me at my core. "Surf Wax America" by Weezer is totally under rated. And this has been your musical education for the day.

I painted (my version of) a portrait of Alejandro Murder (he'll never be Alex to me again) yesterday over the lyrics to "Midnight Picture Show" by Teen Idols last night. It's black on gray with a flat black frame. It's simple and maybe it doesn't even look like him...but it's one of my favorite things that I've done. I absolutely love it. Tonight, even though I'm just supposed to be doing touch ups and painting edges, I'm going to try and to do more portraits over lyrics. I probably shouldn't push myself to do anything else new...but I wouldn't be me if I wasn't flipping my lid and sweating bullets until the last second.

I feel pretty solid about the show. I was nervous, and I'm sure I will be nervous when all the attention is turned to me, but right now I feel solid. A lot of people have told me they're coming and a lot of people have said there is something they want to buy. I can't wait to see people duke it out for "Angry Breakfast". Makes me wish I had done emotional dinners and lunches. I guess I always could...why am I biting off more than I can chew!? Anyway, Dave from Low Life got a DJ for the event so we have jams before and after Miss Firecracker. I hope to see a lot of familiar faces there. Even if you don't buy anything...it's better than wasting away in a bar somewhere. Am I right? You know I am. Get a little culture...even if this culture involved severed heads and naked ladies. MY kind of culture.

By Sunday evening, I'll be the proud ownder of a Margarita machine!

I'm still having weird dreams. Not about the wedding anymore. Now that the invites have gone out (we already received a TON of RSVPs...where is yours, Phoebe???), I'm pretty mellow regarding the wedding. Just anxious for it to get here. My dreams have just been so odd, and really realistic. I'm always pretty shocked when I wake up. And in some cases, I'm really HAPPY when I wake up and find that things are as they should be and NOT how they were in the vivid dreams. Regardless...I slept really well this weekend. Better than I have in months. But if good sleeping leads to weird and realistic dreams...I don't know that I want that.

I do know that I want hand massages before bed. Rock.

No comments: