Wednesday, January 28, 2009

And I'm staying right here forever.

I think it's a lot easier to bitch than to gush. It's so much easier to point out what's sucko than what's super awesome because the negative stuff tends to take us over in total. A blog that Phoebe had written sparked this thought in my peanut-sized brain. She is a little bananas when it comes to blogs and subscribes to...A LOT! She recently ditched one due to it's recent negative vibe. I was worried it was ME (it wasn't...she worships the quicksand I walk on) because things have sorta been the pits recently. I've probably been spitting more venom than I should. I'm going to try and let go of the icky stuff quicker and appreciate the awesome stuff more. Simply so Phoebe doesn't unsubscribe from me. Haw haw haw.

So here's something I appreciate...

I had a totally sucko day yesterday! There's some icky family garbage going on, there was some "uh oh...why do I feel nauseated all the time" stuff going on, money stuff, INSANE days at work...it was just a lot all at once and frost that with not sleeping well recently...I was one miserable cupcake. UNTIL I walked in my door.

Todd was all pajama'd up and waiting for me at the door with open arms for a big hug. I needed it. Hugs are sometime's the best medicine for a fucked-up day. I mean...a hug isn't going to make you feel better if you get raped or stabbed, probably. But if your day is overly stresseful, a hug can do the trick. He had made up a couch nest for me and ordered Chinese food. I got showered up, pajama'd up, crawled in my nest, chowed down, and just automatically destressed in his (and Ben and Jerry's) lovin' snuggle. Maybe all this sounds disgusting and vomit-inducing but...SHUT THE HELL UP! I'm trying to be positive!!! He didn't have to be all sweet and caring but he was AND I APPRECIATE IT more than he could possibly know. And although I didn't sleep GREAT, I slept better than I have in about 2 weeks.

So the ride into work was wrist-slittingly horrific but I had nice things to think about and knew that my fella was worried about my safety since I'm not a fan of weathery nonsense. And that's another thing...my car was all toasty when I left for work and a path had been soveled all the way to my driver's side door. He was like the Abominable Snow Todd when he came inside, red faced and frosty...but he did it so I wouldn't have to get red-faced and frosty. Not everything is sucko. Fiancees are cute, family is helpful, friends are bad-ass.

I still haven't made a resolution. Negativity-free in 09?

1 comment:

phoebe marie said...

first off, you never need to worry about me unsubscribing to you. you are one of my addictions. i cannot give you up.
secondly, i think that if i read through the things you write about, on the whole, you are WAY more positive than you give yourself credit for. you are unafraid to talk openly about love and fear and even things that might seem negative are usually peppered with so much lighthearted smartypantsness that they make me smile rather than frown.
i wouldn't worry about it. we all complain. it'd be against human nature not to. just make sure you don't stop gushing, either. even if you think you're gonna make your readers puke. because at the end of the day, i don't know anyone who'd rather read something miserable and pissy than something that may essentially be categorized as "vomit-inducing".
i love you. keep cooing.