Wednesday, December 03, 2008

I am so sad since you went away.

Matt was my first "puppy love". His sister was in my grade and was my best friend until they moved. They were both adorable. I had the BIGGEST crush on Matt from about Kindergarten to Fourth Grade. As some of you may know, he died in March or April after a bar fight in Lakewood. Some guy that was in town on business hit him in the back of the head outside of the bar. The police tried to convince Matt to go to the hospital but he decided to go home. And he died there.

His trial started Monday.

This whole thing is still so unbelieveable. I hung out with him and his sister for years. He played hockey so I went to games with Chirstina and even on a roadtrip to Detroit for some sort of playoffs. Even as we hit the junior high years, I still thought he was the most adorable kid I had ever seen. And this is how his life ended...from a blow to the back of the head. And his father found him. How terrible. And he himself was a father to a little boy, I think. It's all just so stupid and mindblowing. His mother and father take the stand today. And the coroner. THE CORONER. Terrible.

His whole family is in my thoughts, no doubt.

I have nothing witty to say today. It's too sad of a day.

No comments: