Tuesday, December 09, 2008

But there's nights that I wonder if you remember.

This weekend was just a motherfucking rollercoaster. I hate rollercoasters, especially those of the emotional variety. Life is full of ups and downs, I get that. I just hate up, down, up, down. Now I get why Tessa hates rollercoasters. That feeling when your stomach bottoms out is almost intollerable now. I used to take it like a champ in my youth...I welcomed the feeling and it made me laugh. Now, no thanks. And a big, fat NO THANKS when your stomach bottoms out with both feet on the ground.

As for the "ups"...

Friday was a slam-dunk. One of the best times I've had in a long time. Besides hankey-pankey and cupcakes and cruisin' and Moofia and Smorkin' Labbits and big beers at Melt and more hankey-pankey...there was LISA! She was just as adorable as ever. More adorable, actually. And she got to meet Todd...which was captured on film. And Rocko was there which is always a TREAT! Hanging with my friends, shooting the breeze, eating cheese, slugging beers, watching them shoot guns, listening to 8-tracks...I'm lucky to have the friends that I do. I was even thanked for having such cool friends. Friday, all around, was an award-winner.

The "downs"?

1. Lisa is gone again. Fuck.
2. I was in an unexplainable bad mood Saturday.
3. Sunday there was a BLOW OUT with some residual damage.
4. And..."the finger incident", explained below.

My nephew, the walking time-bomb, was trying to use a knife to jimmy the back window of his new truck open. Some way, some how, he cut his index finger off. OK..not OFF...but he cut through muscle, tendon, ligament, nerve and there was major bone damage...blech. I could toss my cookies just thinking about it. I was informed that it was hanging on by a thread and there was questions about whether or not the finger could be saved. Thanks to surgery, it was. Everything on him was soaked in blood, including his cellphone. I guess it looked like he had been shot because he wrapped his patially severed finger in his shirt to stop the bleeding. There may be some nerve damage but never damage is better than a missing digit on his dominant hand. The whole story is extremely upsetting. A definite "down".

Off subject, do they still make Mars bars?

1 comment:

phoebe marie said...

um, you forgot two things about friday:

1. you got a kick-ass early birthday gift from ME!

and 2. you grossed me out thoroughly with your sex talk.