Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Now I am saved...now I am FREE!

I'm in a piss poor mood. I couldn't come up with any other clever way to describe my mood. It's poor. It's a Grade-F meat mood. And I'm getting more and more negative because I had a high class weekend and then everything went straight to Chatanooga (my idea of Hell). I have a nasty mug on. Good thing my office has a door because I might feel like slamming it in some people's faces today. Hmph.

As for my k-rad weekend, it all began rolling at an art show where my mom works. Carol and Bill accompanied me and we bought art, had cocktails, mingled, and ate the best beef on a stick I've ever had! Beef...a savory, marinated, slice of Heaven. And it's like upper-crust Heaven where the winners chill if it's on a stick. It was something different to do and I had a blast. Puffin and I had a quiet dinner together after (it was quiet because I was practically asleep) and hit the bricks. The evening was pleasant. I felt very posh. And all these people kept telling me how great I looked. Stylish and tall. Word.

Queen B came to visit. I needed her company more that I knew. We spent a lovely lunch together and had lots of girl talk. I love girl talk almost as much as I love gossip. Sometimes they are one and the same. Then we had a sensational dinner with the Shoe Lanes who are two of my favorite people on the planet. After that, sadly, we went to Club Ice! Grimm won the right to have a party there so we partied...sort of. It was fun to do something different. I, however, will never go back to Club Ice...no matter how much I want to go to Wiener World for a quickie wedding and a hot dog.

In the morning we hit the Original Pancake House (damn, we did a lot of chowing down), home of the bacon pancake! I was really sad to see Becky go. But I barely DID see her go because my eyelids were temporarily made out of cement! I spent the rest of the day in a hangover-free coma. I made myself into a buttiro warapped in brand new sheets and crashed. It was like a blurry version of Heaven. I love sleep. I wish I could do it all day, every day for a month. Maybe then I wouldn't be such a sourpuss. So...despite some relationship tussling...the weekend was a success.

YET HERE I AM! SURLY AGAIN! BLATHER!

Work is giving me an ulcer. School is giving me cranial ouchiness. Boyfriend is giving me frown lines. I shouldn't be complaining, really. I have the bestest pals ever and they give me the warm fuzzies. My family is pretty nifty, too. Characters, one and all. And I have a job, a house, a car, Ben & Jerry's in the freezer and all the supplies to make another pot of cheese soup. I'm rocking school like it's nobody's business. I'm going to see They Might Be Giants with Carol next month. I have a boss new Shark tattoo. My DVD collection is MAMMOTH. I should be happy...right?

Someone rub my head, please.

No comments: