Friday, June 01, 2007

I think we should get together now.

Holy hot dogs! We've entered the 6 month of the year and I haven't evaluated the progress of my resolutions list lately! Sheeeeesh! Lamenting on my successes and failures seems like as good a way as any to celebrate the arrival of June, if I do say so myself. And I DO say so myself because I like to hear myself talk. Or squalk.


2007 Resolution List Evaluation, suckahs.

3. Call Bill on his bullshit - I am a pro at this. It may wind up being my biggest success of the year. And things are perty swanky right now! I'm not going overboard or I would be ignoring resolution #5...but I am speaking up when the time is right. We're in love. And utterly repulsive.

4. Treat others the way I expect to be treated - I'm not going to say I do this all of the time because no one can say that. Everyone has a jerk streak, some bigger and longer than others. I can be Queen Jerk Off. But recently, I've tried to be, ya know, a little less jerky. It hasn't really been that hard and it helps me avoid drama. And you can still be involved with gossip without being a jerk. So, go me!

5. Let the little things go - You have to or you'll go berzerk. However, it's hard to REALLY let the little stuff go. Sometimes it's more like "bottling the little stuff up"...and then you explode like a little girl packed with dynomite. It can get ugly. I'm trying.

7. Find a workout buddy and take some sort of water aerobics class - I joined a gym with 2 (count 'em, 2) workout buddies and I LOVE it! L-O-V-E! I get weighed and measured again on Saturday and I am jazzed. I'm sure I won't be any lighter because I can tell I'm gaining muscle but that's fine by me. I like having tone and definition. Farewell extra long snake arms! Plus I don't get winded as easily which is good...gotta keep that athsma wrangled. I'm feeling great. I wish it was 4:00 so I could be working out right now. Sick, isn't it?

13. Spend more time with my friends - Carol has GOT to be sick of my mug but I don't care. I like hanging with my friends. It's my favorite thing to do. And with all this Pussyfoot action scheduled for the summer...plus Heavy Rebel...I'm getting some hearty Ol' Kentucky Shark action up in here. Feels good to make memories.

14. Relax! - Championship napper over here! And semi-professional vacationer. We paved the way with Vegas and we'll tie the year up with the cruise. I have a boyfriend whose brain is in knots because he works too hard or too much. It's my job to help him relax and therefore, I have to be able to. The more relaxed you are, without being a sloth, the better you can handle all the garbage that tends to invade life. So do what Frankie says...

15. Get healthier to avoid getting sick so often - Working out, eating better, getting more sleep, laughing more often, drinking water (!!!), handling stress, not smoking, drinking less, no more fast food, farewell to Pepsi. It's all good.

16. Plan some fun roadtrips (Niagara Falls!!!) with fun people - I haven't been able to get anyone on board for Niagara Falls just yet. But I did go to Pittsburgh, and I am going to Poconos and Indianapolis, not to mention Heavy Rebel (how many times CAN I talk about this?) and future visits to Columbus. My car has seen a lot of action this year and I predict alot of miles ahead. The tunes, the talking, the travel. I dig it.

18. Do some home improvements and keep the joint clean - I cleaned the attic yesterday and started in on the basement. We have a garage sale in the works so I need to start weeding. If I EVER live with Bill, we'll need a separate joint for all of my shtuff (or, as it's been suggested, an RV for races that can be parked in the driveway filled with all of my shtuff). We're collectors. I have books and movies and artwork and just plain old weird...stuff. It takes up alot of space. Regardless...cleaning my place comes first. And I'm making headway.

19. Avoid drama - I've cut out a lot of dramatic people from my life so that helps. I hate being all frustrated and discouraged and filled with anger. Drama will NOT help me relax. So I'm avoiding it. Even if it's made me more of a hermit on some occasions, that's alright. I can live with that. I'm not in high school anymore so take your "so and so is mad at so and so" and shove it. Well, tell me about it first (I AM a good listener and I DO love gossip...it's my weakness) but then shove it.

20. Continue to NOT jog/run and continue to HATE joggers/runners - Enough said. Though I can tolerate those who run in place and running in place in general. I do it when I work out. But still...jogging. Yuck. And jogging suits, good GOD!

21. Go to the movie theater more - I've been to the movie theater more this year than I have in the last few years combined. I have plans to see Knocked Up this weekend. And weeeeee...Ocean's 13 comes out next weekend. I'm a movie maniac. I'm still weepy that I didn't see Kickin' It Old Skool but I guess that wasn't as important to some as it was to me. There's always Netflix!

23. Get more involved in helping the Pussyfoot Girls grow! - And we are GROWING! We're interviewing new girls, planning new shows, buying new merch. And I'm happy to say, I've had my paws in everything. Carol and I were mondo busy with PFG for awhile. That was pretty much all we talked about and dealt with. After our success at the Sacred Pistons show, we're taking June off which is niiiiiiiiiice. Still practicing, just not prancing. We're on our way and we've come a LONG way since April 2005. Hot DOG! And *blush*.

26. Have a super mega fun Vegas vacation! - Done and done!

29. Keep the high five alive! - Some people still get annoyed but more recently, no one has left me hanging. That makes me feel like I've made some headway. The high five isn't just for volleyball games. It's a way of saying, "Good job, buddy" or "That's what I'm talking about" or "I'm glad we finally made concrete plans". It's so versatile. It says so much without saying anything at all. Plus, when you know a person hates the high five but hits you back anyway...they like or at least respect you because it's AGONY for them to do something so gay. Suckahs.

31. Buy more books and read them! - Books are expensive! I just finished "5 People Who Died During Sex and 100 Other Terribly Tasteless Lists". It started off great but trailed off. And I tried to read it on my lunch breaks but a lot of it wasn't food friendly. I'm moving on to "Burton on Burton" which I expect to go with my salads a little better. And my book collections has expanded and will continue to do so. I'm a book worm. What what!

WHEW! I'm OUTTA HERE!

No comments: