Saturday, May 21, 2005

You know I flip, flip, flip for my radio!

I got about a gazillion text messages from the Horizontal Action Blackout last night, which made me feel perty darn special. I had to sacrifice the weekend in Chicago to parade around with my girls at the Pussyfoot Girls' show. Sometimes you have to make rough choices and just be content with the outcome. Switchblade and Bean flooded me with important information up to 2:15am: Gris Gris sucks, Jay Reatard is standing next to me, there were a lot of cute boys in line who got turned away, etc. I almost felt like I was there...especially the SIX times that Switchblade called me during Reigning Sound. I couldn't tell what songs they were playing but they must have been ones I liked...or he liked. It would be JUST like him to call me during a song that HE liked, ha ha. I hope the rest of the Blackout is a smashing success and we find out what kind of "hair down there" Alicja Trout has. We won't, but Switchblade can always dream.

As mentioned about, The Pussyfoot Girls' show with Deke Dickerson and the Ecco-Fonics and the Capgun Cowboys CD release is FINALLY upon us. Sad news is that my busted ribs are really showing me who's boss today. I'm not sure if I should lay around and relax until I have to leave here at three or if I should get up and do things so I can get used to the stabbing pain. I don't have a dime to my name so I'm going to have to rely on poor souls to buy me drinks or I'm not going to make it through the night (and not just because of my injury, for cryin' out loud...I have to wriggle and squiggle and wrestle a chick and put my butt in her face!!!...I love you Maggie!). Regardless, you should be there, whoever you are! I'll take all the pals I can get since my biggest supporters are in the windy city. In case you're mega-lame and have to miss out, here's what would have made your jaw drop:

SET 1
Introductions (I'm first)
"Little Demon" by Screamin' Jay Hawkins
"TV Set" by The Cramps (I'm a scrambled nudie channel)
"Hooker" by The Sharks

Set 2
"St. Christopher" by Tom Waites (being retired after this show)
"(I've Got An) Itchy Pussy" performed live by Queen La Tata
"Wrong Planet" by Los Straitjackets (Maggie Maalox performs solo)
"Orgy of the Dead" by Cult of the Psychic Fetus (big zombie finale)

No comments: