Thursday, May 26, 2005

With the two together we're bound to win!

I think that when Pete Yorko wrote "Beer Bottle Mama", he didn't know it, but he was writing about me. Or at least that's what I'll tell people.

I have no desire to do anything today outside of watching nudie movies and eating Snow Caps. I was in a damn good mood when I woke up this morning (despite the fact that I over worked my ribs and felt like a slab of beef), determined to flirt my pants off and sit in my cubicle sporting nothing but my britches. I stayed fully clothes all day (I didn't mind...I love my new "Love Dead...Hate Living" Frankenstein and Bride shirt I bought yesterday) and my mood just sort of went wooooooooo, SPLAT! It didn't help that when I went to the bank, the teller recognized me from having my divorce papers notarized...and felt the need to bring it up! Yes, after all, that was the highlight of that week...dick.

Top 10 Things That Should Make Me a Happy Panda but Seem to Have Significant Down Sides.

1. My wrench halter top that I ordered for Heavy Rebel (which is like 32 days away...a whole weekend with all my favorite people, great bands, fancy duds, foxy dudes/broads, and malted hops & barely). And KINGS OF NUTHIN' ARE PLAYING! Fuck yes!
-we still don't have a hotel booked, we can't leave work until 11:00 so we might miss something, and staying all three days to see the Kings means missing Reigning Sound in Cleveland yet again!

2. Pain killers sometimes ACTUALLY kill pain without forcing one to toss their cookies...and the first week of the 2-8 week broken rib healing process is nearly at a close.
-however, I still have 2 busted ribs and no fella to tend to them.

3. We can't be silent cause THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS and what are we gonna do unless they are? Back-to-back shows in Cleveland on July 15th and 16th. I want to wear a shirt with a robot on it.
-the tickets ain't cheap and the second show is at a children's festival. Screaming maniacs as far as they eye can see who do NOT appreciate John and John.

4.Classy Chassis and I cooked up a damn fine routin to "Love Me Like Crazy" by cave Catt Sammy for next week's Pussyfoot Girls show. I'm proud of us...and that show is gonna ROCK! AND our new colors are black, white, and PINK! Hooray!
-I can't find a good pink, black, and white outfit to wear without sacrificing the gotharina skirt! And I am way sore and concerned about how I'll feel by next Friday.

5. Saturday might be the last day of fix-it-up stuff here at the Kent house before it goes on the market and I'm Cleveland-bound!
-Lots of memories were made here...it's actually bittersweet: They'll need a crane. They'll need a crane...to take the house he built for her apart. To make it break, it's gonna take a metal ball hung from a chain. They'll need a crane. They'll need a crane...to pick the broken ruins up again. To mend her heart, to help him start to see a world apart from pain.

6. I have a crush who flirts with me and helps me pass time.
-he has a girlfriend, a family (offspring), a life, and lots of problems. I don't feel guilty though...yet.

7. 10 days until my divorce is finalized and I don't have to carry this burden around on my shoulders. The waiting will be done, the work will be done, and I'll be free of his last name and his issues. And a little birdie that I love is making June 6th the best day ever for me, doing her best to make sure my eyes and heart aren't sad and that my girly parts and liver are happy!
-standing next to the man I loved and saying I WANT to be divorced...rots....but not half as much as being with someone who doesn't love you or respect you and treats you like dirt. Fuck.

8. I have my picture with Deke Dickerson!!!
-I was drunk, covered in champagne, and wearing cat ears. This leads me to believe that I didn't make intelligent conversation with Deke.

9. Going to the Grog Shop tomorrow night with my dude Johnny Switchblade whom I haven't seen in over a WEEK to see The Ponys. Grog Shop has the mega-tall beers, a photo booth, AND Ms. Pac-Man which I rule supreme at! And The Ponys rockin' songs ROCK...
-...but their non-rockin' songs put me in a coma. And I'm sure kids I don't like will be there.

10. One week until I rock out to the Hucklebucks and stare at Ted (that's his name, right?) with Queen La Tata and the rest of my girls!!
-NO DOWN SIDE TO THAT, YO!

Oh how you hit me! Oh how you flip me!

No comments: