Sunday, May 22, 2005

We're gonna rock 'til the night is through.

THE SPITS! July 22nd at the Beachland Tavern! 9:30PM. $10. Be there. I know I will.

Last night's Pussyfoot Girls' show was a rockin' good time and I am feelin' it today, head-to-toe. Bruises, pulled muscles, broken ribs (sure, they were broken before the show...), hangover, the works. I guess all great artists suffer for their work. It's easier to suffer when you get in for free and get your drinks half off. And my stage fright MUST be cured considering I crawled around on the floor, putting my butt in a chick's face and wrestling her while meowing loudly AND performed a number wearing very little else outside of pieces of foam core with "censored" written on them. The audience was anti-censorship.

Mamacita rode on a mop like a pony. Oh my word.

So thanks to all my girls for the fantastic jobs they did. The night seemed to be against us but we were successful in the end. And an additional thanks to everyone who came out and supported us, cheered for us, bought us drinks, gave us tips, gave us rides when we were abadoned (and by "us", I mean "ME"), danced with us, talked to us, etc. Please come out and see us again at the Beachland Tavern with Sasquatch and the Sick-a-Billies, Legendary Hucklebucks, and Lords of the Highway! 9:30pm, $7. We may not be the most professional and we may not be the most coordinated and we may not strip down to thongs and pasties (we're doing away with the term "burlesque" and are now officially "a slumber party gone bad") and we may not be the BEST in all girl intermission entertainment...but we are the most fun. Rubber chickens, whips and mops, female zombies? Come on now. Doesn't that sound like fun to you? You bet it does!

Did I mention I got to hit Sugarballs' gong? I did. Rad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

god damn, i wish i'd been there... although if i was... i'd not have gotten such splendid voicemails til 5 in the morning.