Monday, April 23, 2007

Flossy! Flossy!

My life is so fun right now. It's like riding the Haunted Mansion ride at Disney World with a boy you like...and you're drunk...and They Might Be Giants or some other really awesome music is playing and you're SINGING...loudly. And probably holding hands. And there's also ice cream, probably, and it doesn't make you tubby. That's how fun my life is right now. Mega fun. Mondo fun. Carol said she's trashing all of her New Year's Resolutions and replacing it with one...be happy. I think she's rubbing her resolution off on me. And not in a dirty way, perverts!

And please don't think I'm bragging. I'm just usually wearing my a black hat with a veil and carrying dead flowers while my rain cloud follows me. Melancholy. It still shows up from time to time but that's better than all the time. I'm sure you smell what I'm steppin' in. And I'm also sure my nearest and queerest would much rather roll with me while I'm laughing and smiling and acting silly. No one likes a wet blanket, believe me. I slept under one on New Year's Eve WHILE I had P-monia!

Reasons why my frown turned upside down:

1. Carol The Shoe: I've been spending a lot of time with Carol recently and that ROCKS! She's good to talk trash with and she's a great listener and she doesn't think I have to be happy all the time. We've been doing a lot of work for the PFG together which leads me to my second reason for being slathered in joy.

2. The Pussyfoot Girls: We're REALLY getting it together. We have 5 or 6 shows lined up and some of them are pretty amazing. We've been working harder, getting better, investing more time in the whole thing. We have merchandise on the way and are improving the website and My Space page. Things are looking pretty damn good for us. I'm glad we didn't quit and I'm glad we didn't settle for how we were.

3. Boyfriend: We have a list a mile long of things we want to do this summer. He's been more supportive and more...nice...as of late. I think once the toxic tooth came out, it made all the difference. I was a great nurse. Maybe it finally clicked that I'm not his enemy. I'd much rather eat ice-cream, go bowling, cook out, and goof off than argue any way. He's my Puffin and he digs me. We had a pretty bas-ass weekend that included family stuff, having guests over (I love BBQ and fires and I REALLY love watching the race OUTSIDE), and a Sunday date: dinner and Grindhouse...AGAIN! Weeeeeeeee!

4. Heavy Rebel and tight pants: Heavy Rebel is 74 days away and I'm finally starting to get excited. I'm leaving a day earlier than usual and heading down with The Shoes and Rocko in the Gray Ghost. Driving to North Carolina in a van with these 3? A dream come true. We're sharing a suite and planning to rock the Hell out. And I bought a pair of tight pants just for the occasion. The weight is melting off and I figure, I'll be old one day. I better wear small bikinis and tight pants while I can. And I CAN at Heavy Rebel. Plus...I like getting drunk with my friends, taking pictures of them, dancing, singing, swimming, running amuck. Good bands, great friends, 74 days!

I'm a happy clam with a happy clam. And breakfast is waiting.

VIVA!

No comments: