Monday, November 24, 2008

Paint myself in blue and red, black and gray.

I deserve a pat on the back, a cookie, a gold star. Something. I accomplished so much for my August art show this weekend. Not even this weekend. I accomplished so much in 24 hours. I'm pleased as punch. But I know myself...I work very well under the rewards system so pony up! It was probably the most I've accomplished since I found out the art show was a done deal. I had been majorly slacking. Not due to laziness. I wasn't motivated, I wasn't imspired. I COULD have sat down at my station and worked night after night but I would have produced garbage. I'm smart enough to admit that. Anyway, it felt good to make major progress on 4 paintings. It also felt good to get text messages saying "I miss watching you paint" and "I love your art". Boss, baby.

After a long lapse in hang time, I finally hooked up with Tom and Carol yesterday. Though it didn't go exactly like I thought...their car broke down on the way to the new CSU radio station. I personally kept warm by running my mouth at top speed about a bitch...THUG bitch...who needs to get her face high-fived by not only my fist but by the swift arm of the law, specifically dealing with child welfare. Grow up. You should've grown up the second you pissed on that stick and the plus sign popped up. I'm not in the mood to babble about why some people should buy puppies, not pop-out babies. This was about Tom and Carol FUN DAY!

So we waited for the tow truck and waited for Phoebe, a.k.a. Wonder Woman, to come to our rescue. After that, we were all too frozen and flabbergasted from the car debacle. We went to the jigsaw, ate soup and drank beer, trying to get toasty. I'm fairly certain that by the time we left, I was still frozen. And this may have been the first night in my entire life that I did NOT kick my socks off. It's going to be a lonnnnnnng winter. But it was so good to just CHILL with Tom and Carol. You never realize how much you miss people until you're with them again. I can't let the gap go that long again. It's not healthy.

Painting, chilling, debt paying...welcome to my winter.

No comments: