Tuesday, November 04, 2008

I said, "Listen here son, I got news for you!"

It was the end of an era this weekend. Sugar's last show with the Lords of the Highway. I have seen them more times than I can count (they even played twice in my basement) and they all became good pals. I've seen songs, drummers and even cowboy hats come and go over the years. I've seen them in a hand full of states, at a plethora of venues. It's hard for me to accept she's moving on. She's playing bass for Horror of 59 now and I'm interested to see what that's going to be like. I can only picture her and the upright playing Lords songs. I can only picture her being Sugar and not Rebecca. I even asked her...now that she's in Horror of 59...is she still Sugar? Sigh. But while I was sad to hear 23 songs for the last time, I was THRILLED to orgasmic proportions to get not one dedication ("Tiger In My Tank") but TWO ("County Fair"). Yeah, I'm Super Fan. Or I was...sigh.

So that's how Halloween went down. Todd and I dress up as Frankenstein and The Bride of and went to the Beachland to pay tribute to Sugar. It was so good to see Rocko, Jen, Jim, Grimm, The Shoe-Lanes...and Texas Pete dressed as a Tooth Fairy. He and I agreed that we will do a duet, karaoke-style, to a Bon Jovi song on New Year's Eve. Amazing. It was a bad-ass Halloween...my first one with Todd. Before the Beachland, we went to my parents' house and chowed down. Saw the little kids in their costumes. Chilled out for awhile. I was worried that due to the sickness that had been raping me, I wouldn't make it for maybe the first time EVER. But I showed my cold who's boss and had a great night.

And in the morning...well...anyone with a pulse knows I got engaged. And I started a NEW blog all about the wedding details. I'm basically doing that so I have something to look back on years down the line, so my wedding party bitches can stay abreast (tee hee) of any wedding developements, and so anyone who wants to be involved in the wedding stuff CAN BE and anyone who isn't so much interested can stay here and just listen to me blather about whatever floods my brain at any given time. If you want to know the blog address, just hit me up. And while I'm going to let The Cleveland A and My Space stay relatively wedding-free, I will say this...I am bananas about Todd and I can't wait to be his bride next year. There have been plenty of ups and downs but I wouldn't trade what I have with him for ANYTHING in the world.

Engaged. Holy cow.

No comments: