Thursday, January 31, 2008

Sometimes I think that you're avoiding me.

I'll be 29 in one week. Amazing. Usually I start the birthday countdown like one month in advance because I love my birthday so much. And I'm pretty excited for 29. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to be doing on the big day...Bill had his kids and I have no plans besides taking a Intro to Sonography exam. I know that on Friday I'm going to have Japanese food (num num num) with some close pallies and then major cocktails with a larger group of close pallies (don't worry...I'll spread the where-n-when info later and if you can't make it, there's always my big shindiggity at The Sac in a few weeks!!). I'm probably not as wrapped up in my birthday this year since I left my place of emplyment after 3 years. It's sad. I met Bill there. Our life together started there. But it was a toxic place and now we're free. AND I've been HELLA sick so...I've had other things on my mind besides my birth. I've gotta get into my usual spirit of things. After all, it's my last year of being in my twenties!!!

And in case you haven't been keeping up with your daily My Space in take, here is the step-by-step, lo-fi low-down on what's been shaking with me health wise. You already know what happened after my FIRST trip to the medical chop-shop so I'll take you from what they changed my diagnosis to after my SECOND ER trip, and what is ACTUALLY wrong with me according to a lovely doctor who works in a fancy schmancy office building. I will tell you that as of now, I'm on a boring diet that has made me drop weight but has made me so weak, I throw up after car rides. It's rough, but I'm surviving. Enjoy my recent medicial history!

Sunday: My second trip to the ER (co-starring Johnny).

I spent a great portion of yesterday back in the Emergency Room. I chugged some banana Barium and I had a cat scan of my belly, the stole more of my blood and they pumped me full of fluids. Johnny was good company. The multiple hours we were there just flewwwwwwww by. Only three cool things happened while I was in my little hospital gown being poked and prodded:

1. The Cavs beat The Lakers.
2. There was blood and Johnny had to turn his head.
3. I left with painkillers.

The bad news? I don't think anyone knows what's wrong with me. Johnny said they were probably typing my symptoms into Web MD and not coming up with anything satisfying. Colitis, Gastritis, and some strain of Flu type A that is accompanied with horrific abdominal pain and is going around were all terms thrown on the table. My discharge papers said Gastritis. They're clueless. I saw so many doctors, nurses, dudes in scrubs that do some hospital job I'm not awre of.

And no one wore GLOVES! I was bleeding all over the damn place and NO GLOVES! Now my blood is clean and they know that since they're been sucking it out of me since Thursday but what about THEIR BLOOD!?!? Ick.

So as of now, I'm just supposed to let it...whatever it is...run it's course. Take my meds and rest, enjoy my liquid diet. I wonder if Pizza Hut could blend me up a pizza. Hmmmm.

Yesterday: My trip to see my new doctor (and she's AWESOME!).

I just have some abdominally crippingling and mind numblingly horrific virus. It's going around or so says my new doctor. She rocks, by the way. It's basically all bare bones: I have a terrible virus and my guts are having a hard time bouncing back from it. I'm probably trying to do too much too fast (like yesterday when I went to work to clean out my office and puked right when I walked in...I thought that was emotionally vomit). I threw up again at Bill's after I got home from the doctors. I'm just car sick from being weak and horizontal for so long and then trying to be up and out and about. If you can call being at the doctors "out and about".

Basically, I'm on the BRAT diet until a week from Monday (though I'm taking a sabatical for Japanese birthday food next weekend!!!). If you don't know, like I didn't, the BRAT diet is bananas, rice, applesauce and toast...in very, very tiny amounts. I can also keep partaking in the liquid diet. Anything see-through which includes but is not limited to Jell-O, ginger ale, broth. Boring. Yet slimming! Coupled with my yawner of a food selection, I have to get as much sleep as possible. I have to rest until I feel top notch. Score. So there you have it folks. I'm a dietary bore but eventually, I'll bounce back. Thanks for everyone's well-wishes and concerns. You're all aces in my book.

AND THERE YOU HAVE IT!

No comments: