Saturday, January 26, 2008

How did it end up like this?

I would love to tell all of y'all about the massive amount of fun Wigging Out at The Sac with The Pussyfoot Girls was. It was incredibly core shaking that we could fit so much fun into one night. I am in love with The Sac and what we're doing there. I wish it was time to go back already but alas, we need time to prepare. We're getting a lot of press recently. The Plain Dealer shot a video that appears on their blog and an electronic and print article from the PD comes out next week. They had nothing but positive things to say about the fun we're having. We're making new friends and contacts and building a pretty large fan base. It feels good. Good stuff.

You want to know what's NOT good stuff???

COLITIS AT AGE 28!!!

Basically, Colitis is a swelling of the colon tissue. It feels exactly like when my appendix burts and it's accompanied by all sorts of unattractive symptoms that for some reason just WON'T GO AWAY! I'm on 5 pills a day for 10 days and I'm as miserable as can be. The emergency room doc told me that if I don't feel better in 3 days to come back and I have a feeling that's where I'm headed tomorrow. All I've been doing is trying to sleep the days away once I get into a position that is comfortable enough for me to deal with the pain. The thing that's really razzing me is that I've been saying for weeks and weeks that I've had a stomache ache and haven't felt well and everyone's blown me off. It's very lonely to be sick.

Thursday at work I was in tears because the pain had become so intense. Bill picked me up from work and hauled me off to the hospital. There was an IV, IV medication, oral medication, blood work, urine samples and on and on. It was miserable. I was dizzy and freezing and just plain slug. They said the word colonoscopy (and endoscopy) and I was ready to run. I fear that's what will happen to me if I go back tomorrow. Frown. Oh fucking frown. Thursday night I stayed at Bill's and he was an excellent nurse. I slept almost the entire time I was there (and I slept over 14 hours last night and I'm STILL exhausted) but he pampered me with juice and lotto tickets and candy...eventhough I'm on a liquid diet. He made sure I had everything I needed and is making plenty of check up phone calls now that I'm home (I COULD have stayed there but when your intestines are in knots, you want your own bed, your own blankets, your own toilet). But I'm miserable over all.

Things aren't going so swimmingly at work and this is not the time to be physically struggling. I'm experiencing major discomfort and there's no one to help out at work because we're existing on a skeleton crew. I fear what I'll find there after missing 2 days in a row. That adds to my nerves. And school! I missed an entire day of school which just CAN'T happen...especially when one class only meets once a week. My heart is pumping too fast. And all I want to do is sleep and whimper.

So that's the story. As of right now, my pain fluxuates between a 7 and an 8. If I still feel rotten tomorrow, it's back to the ER to get sliced and diced. I'm hungry, I'm sore, I'm a little lonely, sort of bored, and my muscles are starting to ache from just being still and cold. Time for my scheduled 5 minute cry.

Don't forget about me in misery.

No comments: