Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It symbolizes something but I don't know what it is.

Driving home from work yesterday was a total nightmare equipped with blood, guts, gore, and practical slaughter because drivers of the world have small brains. It took me almost two hours to get home, I almost ran out of gas, and I almost got out of my car and jumped off the Valley View bridge. But I'm glad I didn't (not only because I didn't want to die in a city that smells like wet garbage) because some people weren't afraid of the snow or the morons or the effort or the distance and showed up on my door step just to say "Hi" and "Bye" because it was worth it to them. My hands still smelled like cologne when I went to bed.

And besides that, these two little neighborhood rug rats showed up at my door offering to shovel the driveway. I didn't have any money to give them at the time but promised if they came back throughout the winter (and hopefully yhr spring the mow the grass), I'd hook them up. When they left, I head them yelling, "Look out your window!!!" but was distracted by a phone call and sort of thought they might have vandalized my house in some icky, satanic, child-demon way. When Phoebe came home, she wondered whose little feet tracked a giant heart (and the word "HOT" which was discovered after work today) into the front yard. Children are adorable...and smart!

No comments: