Tuesday, December 27, 2005

I'll turn down girls much prettier than you.

Here it is. The morning of my last vacation day. Oh days off, I'm sad to see you go. Especially with so much to do for the rockin' New Years Eve jam which isn't even a week away!

MAKE THE FLIER, BEAN!!!!!!

I'm not even spending my day maxin' and relaxin' as I should. I'm spending it doing last minute cleaning, measuring the basement for floor tiles (damn you, Bean!!!), purchasing said floor tiles, buying more watermelony paint and roller sleeves, picking up a Shop-Vac, fitting in a really time-consuming yet SEXXY lunch and a less sexxy shower, and on top of all THAT, I have Pussyfoot practice tonight where we have to plan our next three shows!!! HOT DOG!

Today will be busier than a plain, ol' working day! But Becky is here so that will make all my boring tasks worth doing. AND we'll get to dip marshmallows in chocolate which is ALWAYS a perk!

Regardless of all the !!! that have followed her name today, I am in love...with Phoebe Bean. She made my holiday weekend worth getting out of bed for. And she bought be a lamp that I would make sweet love to if that wouldn't lead to electrocution. A SHAG lamp! A SHAG Pink Panther lamp! It is my new favorite thing. Hands down! But I don't just love her because of her gifts...though they ARE a perk!

After my Friday of drinking with the work crew and my Saturday morning of working and RECOVERING from drinking with the work crew, I spent the evening just maxin' and relaxin' watching movie after movie on the couch with Bean. It was a perfect X-Mas Eve. There was even more chillaxin' on X-Mas since I was sick and I was pampered with a deeeeelicious breakfast (and Mimosas!!) and with some team work, a lovely little dinner party. It was great. It made me enjoy Christmas again. Maybe next year I'll actually wear more than my pajamas all day.

Actually, now that I think about it, there was something else that happened which made me enjoy Christmas again. And I didn't even have to go to a titty bar to get it. Life is good.

And last night, in honor of Becky's visit, we painted the town with blood-packets with the Shoe-Lanes and Johnny Sharko, and took over every jukebox in town! I even gave in to eating at Steak-n-Shake which I NEVER do and I really have no reason why not! It was a GREAT time. It was a "just what I needed" time. In fact, to be honest, everything that has happened since I left work on Friday has been "just what I needed". Looks like my year may actually end on a high note for a change. I'm a lucky girl!

1 comment:

phoebe marie said...

hoo-flippin'-ray for the best christmas ever!
i love you, too, sharky!

this weekend was amazing. and while i missed you at work today (as my head prepared again and again to fall off, but ultimately just filled up with snot) i'm glad you got to enjoy a day off. (did you know we get another one next week? i found out today!!!)

anyhow, the flier is made (and rules, i might add). the basement will begin getting tiled tomorrow. (sorry you had to do the measuring. i have a small brain.)

i'm going to sleep so i can get into work early enough to leave early enough to work on that basement tomorrow night!

(p.s. - i think i have a little parenthesis problem.)