Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Life's a joke but what a punchline.

Life is funny. So funny that my sides split wide open and all my gorey and salty guts spill out on the pavement. It's not exactly "funny ha-ha" but it's funny like "my head is on fire and I just saw one million school children doing charity work get hit by a bus". Highs and lows. You can't count on anything to be consistant.

I got felt up by Don Vito this weekend. Almost forgot. That guy digs Cleveland.

Back to my not-so-funny life. Looks like I wasn't ready to be a girlfriend after all. I think I am just going to abandon hopes that I will have relationships in the future. They make my brain hurt. People are confusing. I'm one of them. I think maybe I was ready to date...a step up from whatever was going previously...but not to be someone's steady girl. Because if I was ready, I'd know it (and I'd be soooo lucky to have this particular guy...I know this), and I felt uneasy for whatever reason. I think a couple of stitches holding my heart together popped and the overflow of blood poisoned me.

There was a big blow out. It was quick but it was nasty.

I spent the next morning sort of trudging around like a zombie but my support system (Ol' Kentucky Sharks RULE THE POOL) sent loving invitations to head on out to Geneva-On-the-Lake and I thought, "Why the flipping Hell not?!" and I motored East. Had a grand old time drinking beer (& whiskey...& Jager), eating ketchup sandwiches, dipping my toes in the pool, watching The Diamond Girls do karaoke, playing DDR with Potsie, and showing off my bongo talents around the campfire.

But all fun times must come to an end. Got into a deep ramble session with Uncle Ben and ended up with some leaky fauncets for eyes. 5 steps forward, 10 steps back. I was embarrassed to cry in front of him and even more mortified due to the reasons. I couldn't get much sleep with such a heavy load on my brain. So I travelled home on empty roads while everyone was sleeping. The Ol' Kentucky Shark Corral embraced and comforted me and helped me make up for the sleep I had lost.

The Pussyfoot Girls have a show this Friday at the Lime Spider in Akron with Lords of the Highway, The Vista Cruisers, and The Forty Thieves. It should be interesting since we're debuting a few new routines. I wish I was just a little more excited. I think dress rehearsal on Thursday will help...we had such a good practice last week that the adrenaline was really rushing through my veins. I know it will be alright. Those damn Pussyfoot Girls always seem to pull me out of whatever funk I'm in.

And I can always ask Potsie to do the Snoopy dance.

No comments: