Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I see you slippin' out the back door, baby.

I think I need a Beer Bottle Mama tattoo. Regardless...

The hiatus is almost officially over, ladies and germs. The Ol' Kentucky Shark Corral will be internet ready this Saturday, folks. Sure, I'll be rockin' and rollin' bachlorette party style in Canada until Sunday, but then you better be ready for a heaping helping of hilarity and HELL! That's a whole lotta H, people. H, as in H-O-T! Enough of that babble though. Starting Sunday, My Pics of the Day will be all caught up. Self-flogging for delay will be administered promptly when I get home.

I've missed you. So much that I commit murder in my sleep.

Our show at the Lime Spider was above and beyond amazing and if you missed it, well, you're just not my friend any more, I guess (Johnny Siwtchblade missed but a little birdie suggested he wasn't a big fan of ours...I don't think he likes me any more any way). Our new routines ("She's a Lady" by Tom Jones, "Boom Swagger" by Murder City Devils, and "Chicken Walk" by Hasil Atkins) went off without a hitch. Our old routines were ridiculous, as always. We had a fantastic crowd response...Dennis A. Bell is by far our biggest fan and even let me slap him in the face for our Cave Catt Sammy number...and most importantly, WE had the most fun of anyone there!!

Lords of the Highway were stellar, per usual, and played "County Fair" without me having to flip my lid, obsessingly requesting via screams! Forty Theives were a ton of fun...good guys all around. The scene has been dying for something like them...guys out there to have fun, not have attitudes. And Vista Cruisers...while it wasn't QUITE the same without their original singer...well, we just wouldn't have met the amazing Josh if it wasn't for them! WE LOVE JOSH! So we were in good company all evening and our wallets (and livers) were fattened by the fine folks at the Lime Spider!

I was just chock full of bravery that night, on stage and off. I mingled, I shook it, and I even confessed to the famous Aaron Weiss that I had sported a decent sized (but totally innocent...guys dating "a sweet girl" are off limits for lovin') crush on him for various respectable reasons. Sure, he'll probably be too scared to talk to me in the future seeing as this was the first lengthy conversation we'd ever had but it was all in good fun. Come on now...tell me you don't find him a rather handsome fellow. Crushes are healthy. I had 76 of them at one point.

Bottom line, the night was fantastic and WE NEED ANOTHER SHOW ASAP! It's such a combination of things...hanging with all these cool musicians, meeting new people, having 1" buttons with our names on them, conquering my stage fright, letting loose my inner nut-case for the whole world to see...I love it. I didn't think I'd make it past the first show since I was slightly emotionally crippled and didn't have much support from the man in my life at the time. Turns out I didn't need HIM. I needed these fantastic GIRLS. I worship the Pussyfoot Girls!!! BOOK US, suckahs!

I have a purple bedroom as of Sunday. Miss Phoebe "Edger" Bean RULES!!!

There are so many things I want to say about something but I just CAN'T. Part of me just wants to rattle on and on and part of me wants to keep it all inside, only sharing my thoughts with Pheoberella because when she's around, I can't shut up. This is all very cryptic, I know. Maybe I'm talking about how I murdered a former lover and his body is in the trunk of my car (would explain the smell). Maybe I'm talking about some elaborate something-or-other that will take place at my housewarming shin-dig. Maybe I'm talking about how I couldn't sleep last night because of how my arms, couch cushions, and favorite pillow smelled. Maybe I'm talking about my plans to become a Christian Scientist, anti-Evolutionist. Maybe it's a combination of these things. Maybe it's nothing! Blah blah blah de da!

Tonight, a bellydancer is coming over to the OKS Corral to teach Mamacita, Ginger Ale (excellent first show, little missy!) and myself how to work our pelvic regions to order to put future PFG crowds into a trance that entices them to show dollars in our cleavge. It's what I was built to learn.

Life is good. Mark this date down on your calendars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEE HEE! That WAS a fun show! I can't wait to do it again!!! When ELSE can you salute the noble penguin through dance and revelry!?